Shalom Segula (Treasured Possssion)
We don’t need to tell you that we’re in very interesting times, as we’re sure everyone reading this is fully aware of that!! The thing that can give us the strength to face the days ahead are the promises found in His Word concerning the believers in Yeshua and the people of Elohim. May this month’s newsletter be a source of encouragement and faith in a time of great darkness.
1 Chronicles 28:6-10; 6 “He said to me, ‘Your son Solomon is the one who shall build My house and My courts; for I have chosen him to be a son to Me, and I will be a father to him. 7 ‘I will establish his kingdom forever if he resolutely performs My commandments and My ordinances, as is done now.’ 8 “So now, in the sight of all Israel, the assembly of YHVH, and in the hearing of our Elohim, observe and seek after all the commandments of YHVH your Elohim so that you may possess the good land and bequeath it to your sons after you forever. 9 “As for you, my son Solomon, know the El of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for YHVH searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever. 10 “Consider now, for YHVH has chosen you to build a house for the sanctuary; be courageous and act.”
What powerful ancient words these are from THE Word. When we broaden our understanding that WE are that house that He is building in this day it takes on more significance to us. Below are some verses that confirm this.
· 1Cr 3:16 Do you not know that you are a temple of YHVH and that the Spirit of YHVH dwells in you?
· 1Cr 3:17 If any man destroys the temple of YHVH, YHVH will destroy him, for the temple of YHVH is holy, and that is what you are.
· 1Cr 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from YHVH, and that you are not your own?
If we are a believer in Yeshua, and keep His commandments, it is strictly because He has chosen us and we accepted. He then is our Father. What an awesome truth this is!!! I began to list the patterns of promises in 1 Chronicles 28:6-10 so that I could better see what is being shown.
1. We are chosen
2. He’s a Father to us
3. Kingdom established forever
4. Possession of the Promise Land
5. Bequeathed (Given) to our generations forever
6. Let’s us find Him
I then listed the responsibilities that Solomon was given to build this house and applied them to us as His house.
1. Resolutely perform/obey His commandments and ordinances
2. Observe and seek after ALL the commandments of YHVH
3. Know (in an intimate way) the Elohim of our forefathers
4. Serve Him
5. With whole hearts
6. With willing minds
7. Seek Him
8. Build a house
9. Be courageous
Our promises are true and amen, but we can’t have the promise without the process. The beautiful part of this reality is that the Father has shown us exactly what He desires…what the pattern is. He does not leave us in the dark. Praise His Name!! To conclude the thought that I’ve started let’s go down to verses 19 & 20 of 1 Chronicles 28.
19 “All this,” said David, “YHVH made me understand in writing by His hand upon me, all the details of this pattern.” 20 Then David said to his son Solomon, “Be strong and courageous, and act; do not fear nor be dismayed, for YHVH Elohim, my El, is with you. He will not fail you nor forsake you until all the work for the service of the house of YHVH is finished.
Once again I listed what was spoken.
1. YHVH made (I love this) me understand in writing (His Torah)
2. By His Hand (He wrote it Himself at Sinai on the Tablets)
3. All the details of this pattern (2 Peter 1:3 “seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.)
4. Be Strong
5. Be Courageous (once again we’re being told this)
6. Act (Repeated again)
7. Do not fear
8. Do not be dismayed
9. He is with us
10. He will not fail us
11. Nor forsake us
12. Until the house of YHVH (which we are) is finished (Philippians 1:6; “And I am certain that YHVH, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Messiah Yeshua returns.”)
When we feel we come up short or that we just don’t seem to be able to make it, may we be encouraged today that our Father has equipped us with His Word and His Spirit in order that we become that completed bride made ready for His Son Yeshua.
Remember, we can’t have the “Promise without the Process.”
Please find attached the July Torah Calendars, the regular Torah Calendar as well as the Read through the Bible in a Year Torah Calendar. As we read through the Scriptures this month, may we view it through the lens of His very hand giving us the “detailed pattern” of how to build up this spiritual house…which we are.
Tamuz ~ AV 5781
Praise His Name!!
We love you with our whole hearts!!
Shalom & Blessings,
Pastor Mark & Tammy McLendon