Praise And Worship Including the Use of Banners
The Hebrew word for Banner is sn NES pronounced nace (H5251)
Displaying banners is not for decoration, but it is for Declaration! The following are seven ways or reasons that banners are used:
1. To show forth the great expectation of the unity of ALL ISRAEL under the hand of our LORD, according to His Word.
“And He will lift up a standard for the nations And assemble the banished ones of Israel And will gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth. Then the jealousy of Ephraim will depart, And those who harass Judah will be cut off; Ephraim will not be jealous of Judah, And Judah will not harass Ephraim.” Isaiah 11:12-13.
2. As a rallying point and declaration of allegiance under the banner of Yeshua.
“Then in that day The nations will resort to the root of Jesse, Who will stand as a signal (banner) for the peoples; And His resting place will be glorious.” Isaiah 11:10
3. To offer up the sweet aroma of praise to our Beloved Adonai.
“Yet You are holy, O You who are enthroned upon the praises of Israel.” Psalm 22:3
4. As an expression of our love and adoration to our King—He is worthy of all our praise.
“Bless YHVH, all you works of His, In all places of His dominion, Bless YHVH, O my soul!” Psalm 103:22
5. As a visible display of our identity as children of the Kingdom of the Most High.
“And the children of Israel shall pitch their tents, every man by his own camp, and every man by his own standard, throughout their hosts.” Numbers 1:52
6. Making His praise glorious in the sight of the nations, for He is holy and clothed with splendor and majesty.
“Ascribe to YHVH the glory due His name; Bring an offering, and come before Him; Worship YHVH in holy array.” I Chronicles 16:29 “To make known to the sons of men Your mighty acts And the glory of the majesty of Your Kingdom.” Psalm 145:12
7. To proclaim our Creator’s sovereign rule and victory over all creation.
“Let Yah arise, let His enemies be scattered. And let those who hate Him flee before Him.” Psalm 68:1 “Go through the gates. Clear the way for the people: Build up, build up the highway. Remove the stones, lift up a standard over the peoples.” Isaiah 62:10 “You have set up a banner for those who fear you, that they may flee to it from the bow.” Psalm 60:4